Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Nest!

+5
Daisuke
Talvin
ftwinz
DownHero
Vintersorg
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dragon Nest! Empty Dragon Nest!

Post by Vintersorg Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:16 am

Who's playing when it comes out?
I AM!! Very Happy
It looks pretty cute and fun, though from watching vids the noises the characters make when they fight could get pretty repetitive... :<
I'm going with Sorceress <3

Big edit:
Open beta is July 26!!!

Last edited by Vintersorg on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Dragon Nest! Empty Re: Dragon Nest!

Post by DownHero Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:55 am

I AM TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what I'm going to be yet...
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 am

One of my favorite MMO classes seems awfully boring in this one... Cleric combat skills (even though they're clerics) aren't all that exciting or flashy :/

I like support classes <3 I hope there's something like that for me; a buff/debuff character type~

Edit: After doing some forum research, I realized there's more support stuff than I initially gave credit. I'm going to be a Relic Priest (lightning ftw, woot) and try out a Paladin and w/e warrior class for kicks.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:17 pm

@Down: Yay! Very Happy
@Jun: Lol I haven't went that far into it yet, I'll have to do some googling, but that does sound pretty awesome! Very Happy

Edit: Aaand after doing a few searches I have decided I'm going to use the FORCE!!
No idea if I'll go with Time or Dark skill tree; I just read on some forum that Time is best and get Dark skills up to Black Hole (omg, AWESOME!!) but after that they're unsure about the rest of the Dark tree.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Talvin Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 am

-raise hand- I know I'm gonna join xD Sticking to my old routes (since there isn't a class that uses knuckles...) I'm going archer xD Kicking is close enough yes?
Talvin
Talvin
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Lmao Bun~
Ya, I guess so, it gets the job done!
Haha, though the Acrobat class reminds me a bit of the ones from Flyff... ever seen them? Very Happy
You could go Ranger or Jester (using yo-yos as a weapon) and well they kinda sucked but they also looked awesome doing it.
Or perhaps I'm just biased cos I could never get mine to stop sucking... then I got bored and found Mabi XDDD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Talvin Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Oh I have! lol I played Flyff for a bit and saw them acrobats. Never played as one since i was an acolyte dudes xD or clerics w/e. I'm aiming for the Acrobat branch tho xD It makes me think of the wonderful and the beautiful... Chun Li... Very Happy Thunder Thighs for the love <3
Talvin
Talvin
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:49 pm

LOL
Oh yes I had one of those too, assists. Actually I had one of each lmao.
Hi, my name is Vin and I'm a character hoarder~ (coughs) XD
The archers in DN look awesome... no, they all look awesome! Well, it looks like I may have to hoard characters again here, hehe.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Talvin wrote: I'm aiming for the Acrobat branch tho xD It makes me think of the wonderful and the beautiful... Chun Li... Very Happy Thunder Thighs for the love <3
Here's the forum I was reading from. They said EXACTLY the same thing, lol.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Talvin Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Vintersorg wrote:LOL
Oh yes I had one of those too, assists. Actually I had one of each lmao.
Hi, my name is Vin and I'm a character hoarder~ (coughs) XD
The archers in DN look awesome... no, they all look awesome! Well, it looks like I may have to hoard characters again here, hehe.

If they let us have 4 character slots per account... Very Happy I will differently make all 4. They all look fun to play in their own uniqueness xD

@Jun Very Happy Chun Li... <3333
Talvin
Talvin
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:19 am

And if you have another account you can make even MORE~
Imagine the possibilities. XD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 pm

Bump b/c it's next month! How was CB, Vinvin? Any tips and insights from your preview?
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:10 pm

IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I played a sorceress, and she has the most evil laugh, haha Very Happy
I also tested (for an hour) an archer and that was pretty cool as well. So I'll definitely have those two chars at the least.
I like the fact that you can choose to solo a dungeon (in easy mode) or party up if needed.
I never partied, and solo'd every dungeon on either easy or normal.
The controls were a bit weird to get used to, even though they try to keep the style of Vindictus (wasd movement with mouse buttons to attack and hotkeys for skills).
The graphics could have been much better, in my opinion, but then again it was a beta so...
And we didn't get to test out the cash shop, which was something I was looking forward to but maybe next time~
All in all I give it 4/5 scones Very Happy
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisuke Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Does anyone know when the next Closed Beta test is o o. I got rejected from the first one x x
Daisuke
Daisuke
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 am

Sometime in July.
They said keep an eye on the official website as well as their stalkerbook, I mean, Facebook, page. XD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 am

Hehe, thanks for the info! I'm still hoping to be a Relic Priest and a Warrior of sorts. In the mean time, I'll probably see you in EE if Mabi crashes like I'm expecting.

12-hour maintenance for the new website appearance, but I think it'll still get extended and glitchy. Mabi's already got holes in its default hotkey settings as it is. I'm thinking more's going to get screwed up for a while as w/ each "maintenance" they've been doing.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:30 am

Yeh I'm pretty bored with Mabi :<
With the exception of the namedropping and shout outs, this person says pretty much how I feel: http://triggersguide.webs.com/
That's Trigger ... some famous mage person dude.
I followed his guide waaaay back when, up to a point. XD Then I messed up somehow and stayed that way.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 am

Vintersorg wrote:With the exception of the namedropping and shout outs, this person says pretty much how I feel: http://triggersguide.webs.com/
:< I guess if not for a certain final batch of ppl, I'd probably be out too...

For a bit, anyway.

As much as I agree w/ both of you, I think I'll come back to it once a new generation's released. Even though I left another MMO after a 2-year run of time and energy, I liked Mabi's story and hope they return to it at some point. I'm stlll getting my dragon, but leaving him as a card until that certain someday.

Homestead, herbs, and some last bit of page-hunting (IS 2, AR and FB pages for friends) are the main things on my list. The rest of my skill plans are just as they come along now.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Homesteading was nice for a time, and I really enjoyed decorating it. But there's not much to do unless you're actively playing the game and I'm, well, not. XD
People for me are ... well I can take them or leave them (ha, mostly leave them!)
Yes it does help to have a guild or a few friends in-game but when you spend 99% of your time soloing due to intense lag or just no one near your level/doing the quests you're on, it doesn't really matter that much.
I always know I can catch you guys here, so not a problem really Very Happy
And as for the few other friends who weren't Celions, we hardly talked anyway so meh.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Vintersorg wrote:Homesteading was nice for a time, and I really enjoyed decorating it. But there's not much to do unless you're actively playing the game and I'm, well, not. XD
People for me are ... well I can take them or leave them (ha, mostly leave them!)
Yes it does help to have a guild or a few friends in-game but when you spend 99% of your time soloing due to intense lag or just no one near your level/doing the quests you're on, it doesn't really matter that much.
I always know I can catch you guys here, so not a problem really Very Happy
And as for the few other friends who weren't Celions, we hardly talked anyway so meh.
Oh, Vinvin... </3 I could only read half of that before hitting the quote button. Just saddening </3

And yeah... I've... left people too. The only survivors I keep in touch w/ or keep in touch w/ me aren't always the ones I see as often as I'd like or something or other. Iunno.

But I guess the few who, even no matter what spanse of time elapses, that it'll always be like old times -- I guess having to see them "often" isn't really a big deal. (I'm talking about you, Vinvin <3 Dedication post much?)

I know what you mean about soloing. I've heard it a lot from others too. I don't want to give up, but it seems rather inevitable that we've each our own respective roofs of gameplay / questing. Giving credit to "a chain is only as good as its weakest link," things seem to fall apart like a domino effect without someone to do things with during the times that we want to be on.

Mabi hiatus #4 approaching. Time to check out Eden, Lego Pirates, drawing, more piano and picture scanning as well as outdoor adventures. We'll keep in touch via forums / forum topics. I have questions and ideas to keep some interest if I'm going to make this my point of contact.

./end rant.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Majelle Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

I've not really been Active in Mabi for a while now. I've been on, yes, but most of time I only stay on when people are talking. I figured I'd wait for the open beta for dragon nest, and Vindi is amusing for the moment since I have things that I'm working towards.

And that's the trouble with Mabi now a days. I never really cared that much about the combat when I started, I just liked the idea of making things. But now, all the things that I might want to make are so hard to get a hold of (just the pattern, tho the materials are pretty obnoxious too) that I don't feel it's worth the time. I was so jazzed way back when I had Majelle finish her first Selina dress. I remember spending an entire day doing part time jobs to earn the gold for the fog silk. Of course, that was before gold duplication and the other hacks as well...

It seems we turned this from a Dragon nest thread to a rant about the failures of Mabi thread xD

it doesn't help that there are cheaper and more interesting games available on the Xbox arcade at the moment, either.

Oh, and the fact that I've been working on my writing as well. Speaking of which, let's see if I can remember the url for the section I have on my website.

Link in between these two lines, cause the color is silly and hard to see on the forum.
First draft
Link in between these two lines, cause the color is silly and hard to see on the forum.

Oh, and set aside some time if you want to try and read through all that, if it's the version I think it is, there's about 120 pages worth of text.
Majelle
Majelle
Nao's Left Boob
Nao's Left Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:08 pm

@Junjun: Lego Pirates!? Wow I never knew such a thing existed. I loved the hell out of Lego StarWars (the first one for the GameCube). I need to look into this Very Happy
And aww, thanks~ <3

On Mabi: I loved it in the beginning, during pre-OB and for the first 6 months~year of OB. Then after that my interest started to decline.
I kept trying to bring it back but it just wouldn't happen.

@Maj: Link bookmarked for later perusal Very Happy
I tend to read at night before I fall asleep and the current book I'm reading right now has been making me cry LOL so I think I need a change.
I'm seriously considering getting an Xbox ... just waiting for more games on it that I would want.
Currently I'd want Brutal Legends (epic game!) and Child of Eden. I would want Portal 2 but I prefer that on the PC (besides, I already have the first Portal for PC anyway). It's only a matter of time.
I still do not have a tv and the rest of my consoles are packed away so it's not really something I'm that concerned about XD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Majelle Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh, Double Fine, who made Brutal Legend, also made Trenched, the Live arcade game I just got. The humor is similar, and while I didn't play Brutal Legend, from what I heard there are some real time strategy bits, which is kinda like Trenched. Basically, you pilot a Mobile Trench, which is just a big armored mech with varying amounts of weapons and the ability to put down automated defense turrets. It's up to four player co-op, and it can get pretty hectic when enemies start pouring in on multiple fronts. Bal and I are having fun with it while he waits for word on if his computer's motherboard is covered by the warrenty still.
Majelle
Majelle
Nao's Left Boob
Nao's Left Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Ahh, I'm not into mech/co-op games lol.
But cool Very Happy
I only played Brutal Legend for an hour at most, and I didn't get very far. I was at a (ex) friend's and he had the game.
The controller is awkward, if I could play with a PS or GameCube controller I'd be fine Very Happy
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 am

Interim Dragon's Nest Notes. Gonna ask permission to make a sub-categ later.

Pally skill tips and vids, courtesy of Dragon Nest Source Forums

More notes to come eventually.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next