Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first major website from college.

3 posters

Go down

My first major website from college. Empty My first major website from college.

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:14 am

Its just a beginning website nothing fancy, but it lists stuff about me, my hobbies, my top 5 favorite websites, 5 questions and answers about me.

Feed back page does not actually work so don't try.

And on internet explorer the feedback page doesnt put all the boxes in the right places. everything else is fine.

Zeza's Site of Awesome
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

My first major website from college. Empty Re: My first major website from college.

Post by ftwinz Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:34 am

No offense, but it feels a bit like a myspace w/o all the extra myspace.

Not bad, though; but a good website appraiser would be Wos, lol.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

My first major website from college. Empty Re: My first major website from college.

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Every new website starts out looking like myspace.

First off we only had 2 weeks to put this together.

I used Microsoft Expression Web 4 to put it together and personally I despise how the program works.

For me to make a nexon like website would require me to know ALOT more of html coding.

I am just running with the basics lol.

Only thing that was not just html code is the Last Modified part which was javascript.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 pm

That and I spent all of 4 days working on it. We had to start with a template and then make the template our own in a modular format to make it the standard for all 5 of our pages. Right now creating a template from scratch is next to near impossible for me. Don't have the mad coding skills to do so. That and I got lazy with the container. Didn't give it a background.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wos Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:11 pm

hey hey twinz, no pressure!!! lol

It looks good for a beginning website~
but you might want to change the setting where when you click on the links (Top 5 Websites, W3C CSS, and W3C HTML 1.0), they open up in new windows or tabs. That way the viewers don't have to reopen your websites. Just a thought Smile
and for some reason the pictures under Photo Gallery are really small. I am opening on Firefox if you are wondering. They look around the size of 50 px by 50px. Are they suppose to be small???

Font size for the contents can be a bit more bigger, especially Home page. eyes get really tired reading big chunk of paragraphs in small fonts. You can either re sized them or divide paragraphs ...?? this can be just me lol
Wos
Wos
I am a gerbil
I am a gerbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 pm

First off they don't open in new tabs. They didn't for mozilla and they didn't for internet explorer.

2nd I never bothered to change the images I used for the photo gallery. That was only there to meet the requirements.

3rd if I change the font on the front 2 paragraphs it screws everything on the page up.

And they had to be 2 paragraphs. 1 about me and 1 about my hobbies.

Theres thumbnails and 100 x 80 full size ones. I had them resized because I thought they would appear in the center but the application I found won't do that apparently.

I had very limited space on the page to work with and I did not feel the need to go through the trouble to make the container wider and everything else wider because due to the program I was using would probably just cause me more headache. (It already succeeded to the point where I was just about to stop and turn in the unfinished stuff I had)
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down