Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those computer savi Celion members I guess

2 posters

Go down

For those computer savi Celion members I guess Empty For those computer savi Celion members I guess

Post by DownHero Sun May 06, 2012 11:50 pm

LOL so I haven't really said anything on here for a while now... How's everyone doing? I've been trying to look for a job so that I'd be able to build a beastly computer off of the new Ivybridge i7 processor that was just recently released (even though I have been looking for a job way before it was released)... For whoever is interested, here's what i'd like to get for the computer...

Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D (I really like how it looks even though it's just a mid-tower case)

Processor: Intel Ivybridge i7 3.4GHZ (Turbo 3.9GHz)

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 OC Genie Military Class III Motherboard

Graphics card: EVGA Geforce GTX 580 3072MB (not going with the water cooled version because It's too much work to build a full water cooled computer... :/)

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3

Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850

HDD/SSD: Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB Internal Hard Drive & Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3A-BK 2.5" 120GB Solid State Drive

Optical Drive: LG Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner WH14NS40 - OEM

Cooler: Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler

Others: 2x Gellid Wing 120/140mm fans (just 2 because they're pretty expensive fans), Bitfenix Alchemy Blue LED strips (to make the insides of the computer glow blue...), & Guild Wars 2 Razz

I'd have to actually pick up a job though if I really want to build this thing though... Well anyways, all I've been really doing was picking out parts for a beastly gaming computer and play this one MMORPG called Aion. Hope you guys are having fun with whatever it is all of you are doing! Very Happy

EDIT:
Pre-ordered Guild Wars 2 yesterday! I'm too excited to wait until it's release date though... :/ Well! 1 thing I can cross off my list now though, a bazillion more to go! xD

Last edited by RED on Mon May 14, 2012 4:21 am; edited 2 times in total
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

For those computer savi Celion members I guess Empty Re: For those computer savi Celion members I guess

Post by Vintersorg Mon May 07, 2012 12:23 am

Looks good, from what I can see. I've not had experience with anything Corsair, MSI, G.SKILL, or LG.
I am not a fan of Seagate. I had more than a few harddrives from them that would constantly fail, and I'd get them repaired only to have them fail again.
Finally I just gave up and got something else, but by that time my system was forked anyway, and I ended up getting a new one.
Be careful, is all I have to say.
I just found out my laptop will not play GW2 so I either have to wait til it snuffs it (most likely option) or upgrade (least likely).
Good luck with your system/job etc.!
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

For those computer savi Celion members I guess Empty Re: For those computer savi Celion members I guess

Post by DownHero Mon May 07, 2012 2:15 am

LOL thanks! that sucks that your seagate hdds break on you. my external seagate hard drive has never failed on me so i'm picking their largest (and the largest on the market i think) hard drive for my future tower. also, picking up a a mid sized solid state drive from corsair for booting up the OS and other things i wanted booted up faster.

Corsair is a very good brand for power supplies. There are other good brands out there too like antec, fatal1ty, and cooler master (i'm sure that i'm missing more), but I personally like corsair stuff. They also have one of the most efficient closed loop CPU liquid coolers on the market (the corsair H100). I picked G.skill memory instead though because the blue on them looks nicer in my opinion... Razz
Here's the case

Here's the power supply

And here's the Corsair cooler

ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte are 3 of my favorite brands for motherboards. They're newest Z77 chipset lines are really crazy, especially ASUS's Sabertooth Z77, it looks like a freaking tank with it's thermal armor. I picked MSI's OC Genie though because it's black and blue, and is built for over clocking, hence the OC in the motherboards name...

and here are the Z77 chipset line of motherboards from ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte

MSI:

ASUS:

Gigabyte:

DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Mon May 07, 2012 2:47 am

AAAAUUUUHHHH AAAHHH video overload.
XD I'll just take your word for it that they are awesome.
Yes, I won't use Seagate ever again, they used to be good but now they aren't (same with AMD/Phenom).
Someone else can jump in at any time... gais?! Very Happy
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 am

LOL I'm in love with this computer (Is this even possible...?) It's sort of similar to what I want to build...
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Mon May 14, 2012 4:23 am

Haha misspelled words are funny... :/ But can't wait till I can play Guild Wars 2! Razz
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down