Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythology/History

Go down

Mythology/History Empty Mythology/History

Post by Ari Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:14 pm

A very interisting topic IMHO.
Post stuff you find out about from the game we love, Mabinogi, and try not to post links!

GO!!!
Ari
Ari
I am a gerbil
I am a gerbil

Back to top Go down

Mythology/History Empty Re: Mythology/History

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 pm

if anybody wants to play mabinogi heroes that's basically all the background lore there is in the game. heroes is basically set in the time before the humans arrived in Erinn.

mabinogi, sadly, doesn't have much background lore and mythology that make some games, such as a final fantasy (especially ff7.. see all the spinoffs they can fit in its world) or even starcraft, the RTS by blizzard, so interesting. it just has a mildly interesting mainstream, and that's about it.

i've only been able to play through to G3, and i've only played up to G2 in the korean version, so i'd like to know if things get better in the later mainstream quests, too.

all in all, it's a very small world with not much lore behind it all. we know that morrighan is the guardian god (of sorts) of humans, that there is a long-lasting conflicts between the fomors, lead by cichol, and the humans, and the elves and the giants hate each other. anything else can be found within the mainstream.

as much as i love mabi i'm thoroughly disappointed by its lack of depth and breadth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:55 pm

there's one thing i forgot to mention that really defines and characterizes each NPC in the game, and that goes without saying that it is easily one of the most entertaining (although short-lived) components of the game.

that

would be

the "가슴" keyword.
in english, it translates as breast/heart/chest. i think i've seen it mentioned as the "breast" keyword.

for one thing, it's quite hilarious. my favorite responses are those of Lucas's (he mentions something about E cups), Nao's (you get to ask her whether or not you can... you know.. >>), Edern's (he asks you if you want to pack on some muscles and a piece of his pecs.. it's funnier in korean), Wyllow's (tells you to ask James), and that (not yet implemented) orange-and-beige otter's (his face says it all).

not only that, but each NPC's answer sheds a little light into his/her personality, and sometime's it's a lot more than you can get (or bother to get) from personal stories and nearby rumors.

but then again, that's about it. there's not much else to say about myths and histories.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum