Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon!

3 posters

Go down

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! Empty [Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon!

Post by FinalPrayer Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Translator: Afkalmighty

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 01

Blaster

Karok's first weapon was a hefty battle pillar.
His secondary weapon will be the Blaster.
The basic function of it is to be equiped on his right hand to improve his punches, but when the chance comes, he can use the mechanical device to literally 'blast' his enemies.

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 02

And after thorough discussion, we have chosen the third weapon in the illustration for the design of the weapon.
Though we did want to avoid having an identical 'hefty' feel of the battle pillar so we just equiped it on one hand, and since only having it as a punching glove can turn out to be boring, we decided to mix in the blast element.
And that is how the Blaster came to be.

Attack pattern

Now of course the highest topic of interest would be it's attack pattern

In Heroes, we always take the first weapon into acount when designing the secondary weapon.
Karok's first weapon, the battle pillar, is a heavy weapon with slow yet powerful blows.
So we wanted the secondary weapon to provide a different style, something like having consecutive hits.

So let's look into some details.

1)Weaving

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 03
<this image was shopped in order to show how this move works, it will be one fluid motion in the actual gameplay>

The defense mechanism for Karok's first weapon was inteded to support Karok's concept of attacking without avoiding being hit himself.
We wanted to keep this concept for the secondary weapon as well.

This move is called Weaving, a defensive move done by spinning his body.
If Karok is hit during this motion, he will withstand the attack like damage absorb.
We call this a successful weaving.

Each time Karok succeeds in weaving, he will gain a charge of 'Burst Gauge'.
Burst Guage can be charged up to three times and can be used for various purposes.

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 04
<Burst Gauge one charge to three starting from the left>

And this is why Weaving is an important element for attack as well as for defense.

2)Burst

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 05

Karok can blast his enemies with a 'Burst' after smash attacks. While the damage of this burst is nothing to sneeze at, it also has another important element to it.
It is the fact that he gets different buffs for each Burst Gauge he has.

One charge of Burst Gauge : Attack speed increase
Two charge of Burst Gauge : Damage increase
Three charge of Burst Gauge : The next [x] number of smashes will hit critically for a 100% chance.

So it is crucial to stack the three effects as quickly as is possible and to keep them on.

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 06
<early concept illustration for Burst>

3)Big Bang Attack

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 07

A big bad skill as it's flashy name implies. It consumes all Burst Gauge charges and emits a powerfull blast.
The most ideal timing to use this would be when Karok has all the effects up and thus has no immediate use for his Burst Gauges.

This is because Big Bang Attack's efficiency is based on the amount of Burst Gauge it consumes. Big Bang Attack can be used without any charge of Burst Gauge but it's firepower and radius will be worthless that way.

And one more thing, this attack should be used with caution since the startup time to the actual firing takes a bit, somewhat, slightly long time.

SP Skills

With the Blaster equiped, Karok will not be able to use most of his Pillar related SP skills [he still can use howling]
But instead he gets two new SP skills. Which is 'Surge of Strength' and 'Fury'. [can't say for sure that these will be the english names for the skills]

First, Surge of Strength is a 2-point SP skill that gives you two effects.
One of them is that Karok gains all three Burst Gauge buffs at once, thus enabling him to power up and charge right into a boss battle.
Another one would be a damage reduction effect. With this, Karok will be able to close in on enemies with little risks.
The damage reduction effect will reduce damage by 30% at rank A.

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 08
<allowing Karok to gain maximum battle capacity instantly>

Second would be Fury, a 4-point SP skill.
Fury works somewhat differently compared to other 4-point SP skills.

When activated, Karok will throw out a devastating punch that can even make bosses with super-armor to flinch. (bosses normally require to take a certain amount of damage to flinch)
And after that he can swing at his target nine more times by pressing the smash key.
So with a total of ten hits, the last hit also causes bosses to flinch like the first hit.

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! 09
<Fury is capable of breaking through super-armor>

And like other 4-point SP skills, Karok will gain temporary invulnerability during this attack.
But of course, you would want to make sure to get all ten hits on target since the power of this skill will obviously be reduced if you miss.

Multi-media

FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! Empty Re: [Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon!

Post by FinalPrayer Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:26 pm

I hate imageshack. Never works. Anywho, you get the idea.
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

[Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon! Empty Re: [Secondary Weapon - Blaster] Karok's New Weapon!

Post by Vintersorg Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Hmm... I'm not sure whether it's a viable weapon or not... he took AGES to solo that spider, ugh.
I skipped to the end after the first few minutes of him doing the same thing over and over and over.
I want to kill things fast and do max damage XD
Still, I'll try it when it comes out, just to see.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:54 am

Vintersorg wrote:Hmm... I'm not sure whether it's a viable weapon or not... he took AGES to solo that spider, ugh.
I skipped to the end after the first few minutes of him doing the same thing over and over and over.
I want to kill things fast and do max damage XD
Still, I'll try it when it comes out, just to see.
9 minutes is crazy good Vin xD...
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:53 am

Well true compared to the, what, 15~30+ mins some battles take?
XD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 pm

Vintersorg wrote:Well true compared to the, what, 15~30+ mins some battles take?
XD
That raid itself is still considered more difficult to the majority of the population than the majority of the raids after it. Heck, even I get surprised in it still.
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Ahh XD
I haven't got that far yet :<
Goliath is the hardest thing for me now, as well as the gnoll kings.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:31 am

Did the images break for everyone else too?...
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:38 am

I still see them.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 pm

This weapon...Zeza likes Very Happy

Goodbye pillar hello Gauntlet Very Happy
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:07 pm

IT'S HERE!!! I'm dling the patch now Very Happy
Will post back with my opinion (^_^)
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:20 pm

The Cestus is super fun Very Happy So fast, smooth combat. My only complaint is aiming your attacks. You bounce around alot and it's hard to aim sometimes.
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Yes I'm having that trouble too XD
But overall I love this Very Happy
B> AP reset
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down