Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heading into the unknown

+4
Tanz
Miriel
Zeza Reignhalt
Balgus
8 posters

Go down

Heading into the unknown   Empty Heading into the unknown

Post by Balgus Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:52 pm

The Northern Plains, a seemingly empty land, yet full of life. Were it not for the trade routes through the plains it is unlikely that any would live here. Villages, towns, and cities have sprung up along the trade routes for centuries. One, the city of Hightower, has grown up in the shadow of the high tower ruins. Resting along the river Orith, the ruins remain as a reminder of an ancient war between the elves to the west, and the orcs from the far east. In ancient times, long forgotten, the elves had used towers as an early warning system of incoming orc armies.
But this dawn, while people began rising to go about their lives, the history of the ancient ruins remains forgotten. The people of Hightower are excited, for on the morrow begins the three day celebration of the summer festival. They look forward to the various contests, plays, singing, dancing, and drinking. A break from work, and influx of news, and travelers. Merchants, dwarves from the north, and local travellers often time their visits to Hightower to coincide with the four major festivals throughout the year. Rumor has it there will be a joust this year, in addition to the normal archery and brawling competitions. Rumors have been circulaiting for weeks, and some believe there may even be some magical items present among the prizes.

A young halfling from the city is asked by his mother if he will be taking part in any of the contests this time, with an unspoken threat of having to sell goods to festival goers if he chooses not to.

A pair of elves, brother and sister, who have been searching for a missing sibling find themselves low on coin after a few weeks of travel. Perhaps they can find some word of them here in the largest city in leagues.

A rather tall halfling woman finds herself alone to search the world, or some peoples pockets. Perhaps she will find what it is she is searching for.

An oblivious elf finds herself in the first major city she's seen since leaving her home behind. Can she survive in the real world away from her books?

A solitary dwarf not in town for the festivities, but searching for leads on a missing artifact. City officials may be able to point him in the right direction.... but they might not be able to either.

A man traveling the world for years has come to the north for the first time in his life.
Balgus
Balgus
Admin
Admin

https://celionguild.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Heading into the unknown   Empty Re: Heading into the unknown

Post by Balgus Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:17 am

Dawn has broken. It is the day before the beginning of the summer festival. As you wake you realize you must get a move on as there is much to do today.

Taylor, you're in your own bed.

Ari/Jun, a few hours walk west of the city.

Magella, you've been in town a few days(your choice where youve been staying)

Zeke, you're in the cheapest inn you could find in the south east corner of town near the walls.

Mono, you are also a few hours west of the city.

Cruci, you've received room and board in the city's temple to Moradin, to aid you in your quest.

Tanz, you can either been in town for a few days or be on the road south of town, you're choice.

Zieg, neither Riga Ora, or the silent river exist. you are dazed, confused, and havent eaten in days. In the distance you can see the walls of a city, perhaps you can beg for some food there.

Red, TBD
Balgus
Balgus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 am

Zieg cannot recall how much time has passed. He has not eaten in days fore his rations have long since run out. Dazed he tries to scan his surrounding for some landmark of where he could be. Unable to locate himself he wanders until he sees what seems to be walls in the distance. Determined not to die in the middle of this unknown land he makes his way towards the town.

Last edited by Zeza on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miriel Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Magi has been staying at one of the cheaper inns in town. She's been idling her time by picking pockets from crowds on the street, and has been looking for more detailed information about brawling contests in the festival.

For the most part, she is staying out of sight (and hopefully out of mind) so she won't be recognized when people in various crowds realize they're lacking funds.

Miriel
Bananarama Ding Dong
Bananarama Ding Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanz Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:42 am

After wandering to the north for a change of scenery Lleu has come to Hightower for some excitement after hearing rumor of magical items as prizes at the upcoming festival.

Sleeping in an idyllic nook overlooking the river, Lleu Windancer has been spending his days showing off his tumbling skills in the town square to make a bit of money and sweet talking the upper echelon of society.

With an eye on the brawling prize Lleu has been sizing up the various ladies and lads coming into town for the festival.

Tanz
Banana Split
Banana Split

Back to top Go down

Heading into the unknown   Empty Taylor's Grand Mini Entrance!

Post by Majelle Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:20 pm

The sounds of whinnying horses and people either trying to tread lightly or groaning from imbibing a bit to much on the night before seeped through the walls of the small bedroom, causing Taylor to roll over with a mumble, right into the path of a rouge sunbeam that seemed hellbent on interrupting his pleasant dream. Another roll allowed him to escape the sunbeam, and also brought him into contact with something warm and soft, which he immediately cuddled up to in an almost instinctive manner.

"Ah, naughty boy, Taylor, although it's really no surprise since you're almost as bad when you're awake," Mika said with a grin as Taylor opened his eyes and gave one of his innocent smiles in reply.

"Well, it's only natural that I would cling to you since it was only a few years ago that you were using me as practice for when you have a kid," Taylor said, swinging his legs over the side of the bed as Mika sat back.

"Well, it's not like you minded. I doubt that you would care even now," Mika picked him up from the edge of the bed and cradled him in her arms, although it didn't work quite as well as it used to since Taylor's growth spurt, even if he was still tiny even by Halfling standards.

"As much fun as this is, I can only imagine that Mother must want me for something if she sent you in here," Taylor said while snuggling up against Mika's chest.

"Yep, that's why I got your pants on while you were distracted," Mika grinned as she handed him one of his nicer shirts.

"Oh, no, that's why Mother sent you... I have to go sell food again, don't I?"

"Yeah, she figured I could butter you up. So, yes, then?"

Taylor looked at Mika's big, green eyes before his eyes did their inevitable downward drift before he put on his shirt and reached for his pack, which Mika grabbed as she ducked out of his room and into the normal sized hallway.

"I can walk on my own, you know," Taylor said in halfhearted protest.

"But you're slower than me, and if left to your own devices you'd likely end up being distracted, so there," Mika said. "Oh, good morning, Ms. Valerie," Mika said as Taylor's oldest sister stepped out of her room.

"Oh, good morning, Mika, baby brother," Valerie replied with one of her dazzling smiles. "I take it Mother needs the two troublemakers to sell food at the market, then?"

"Hey, Pattie isn't a troublemaker, and neither am I," Taylor said with a pout.

"Oh? But what about that time..." Valerie began just as Patricia stepped out of her own room, with a set of coin scales in hand and a somewhat low cut blouse and a nice skirt on. "Ah, I see you already know that we're going to the market, then, my dear little brother. I shall wait on the balcony, then," she said softly before walking towards the main hall of the inn.

"See? Pattie is the nicest girl of... well, actually, I suppose saying which one of you six sisters is like trying to say which gemstone is the prettiest," Taylor said with a big grin, causing Valerie to color very faintly before she shook her head.

"You should go see Mother now, unless you want Father to get irrate," Valerie said.

"Well, then, off we go," Mika replied when Taylor simply went quiet and hid his face against Mika's shoulder. As the two of them turned the corner Valerie rapped her knuckles against her forehead softly. "Idiot," she said to herself softly before taking a deep breath and heading out through one of the side doors.
Majelle
Majelle
Nao's Left Boob
Nao's Left Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Whew, go Maj~ Not that my char should know what you're doing, but yeah.

*points below* It's not nearly as long as it looks...

=====

*Jun and Ari!*

Jun: "I'm tiredddd. Can we take a break? We've been walking foreverrrr~"

Ari: "Oh Winz, we would've been in the city by now if you didn't stop to play in the river!"

Jun: "I wasn't 'playing.' I was 'appreciating' the beauty of nature."

Ari: "Just admit it; it was because of those 'shiny' rocks we saw that morning."

Jun: "But it was better than just regular rocks Very Happy It was a ring! And thennn! We found some really pretty flowers on the bank!"

Ari: "Oh yeahh :3 Those were so pretty. I had to draw them before we left. But you're distracting me! We really should get to the city soon."

Jun: "Ok, ok... We're running low on money, too... Maybe we can find a job and save up for our next trip. I don't really want to sell this ring we found..."

Ari: "Mmk~ :3"

Jun: "Oh! You know? Maybe we can ask if anyone's seen Neps in town too..."

*Jun takes out a picture and looks sad*

Ari: "Aww... Don't worry, we'll find her. That's why you became a Druid — to work w/ nature and widen our search to find Neps. And that's why I became a Ranger too."

Jun: "Yeah... +_+"

Ari: "Oh, and we should probably change our names again. We don't want anyone remembering what you did in the LAST town."

Jun: *pokes fingers* "Uh... >.>"

Ari: "Remember? You thought that bald guy's head was shiny and ran after him?"

Jun: "... Anyway! New names! How about... Julian and Ariana Gwynfa?"

Ari: "Hmm... That's a little too close to the ones we used last time, but... I'll decide when we get to the city and start a job."

=====

So Jun and Ari — tentative new identities as "Julian and Ariana Gwynfa" — made their way into the city, looking for a job in order to restock on supplies to continue their hunt.

They found themselves applying at a cheap inn nearby. There seemed to be a recent surge of adventurers passing by and the inn was short some hands.

While working there, they asked customers if they've seen an elf by the name of "Nepythias" who looked very similar to the elf siblings. None so far recognized neither the name nor the appearance. Both Julian and Ariana were a little disappointed.

The Summer Festival was to begin the following day, bringing a bit of renewed hope to the elf siblings as more visitors with possible information would be attending.

=====

Julian: "Sis! The festival will be here tomorrow! Can we check it out?"

Ariana: "Sure, but we can't buy anything. We're saving up for our next trip, ok?"

Julian: "Yeah. And I promise I won't chase after any more bald people with shiny heads Mad"

Ariana: "Or helmets ;o"

Julian: "Or helmets :O"

Ariana: "Ok, then we'll check it out during our break :3"

Julian: "Mmk :3"

Ariana: "I hope the festival brings some flowers from all over the world... +_+!"

Julian: "And shinies...! +_+"

*Jun and Ari stared off into the crowd, thoughts of their missing sister in their heads*

Julian and Ariana: *sigh* Neps... Where could you be?
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Balgus Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 am

A few weeks ago a young man lost his master. The man who trained him in the ways of war, leadership, and justice. Since then he has been traveling from place to place, not even sure where he is going. Marc finds himself facing north toward the city of Hightower as the day dawns around him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Zieg approaches the town more closely he notices a river flowing between him and it. The morning sun warms his back, while at the same time reflecting off of the brightly polished and well cared for armor and weapons of the town guard. Even though it is early yet, there is a line of people, carts, and wagons waiting their turn for access to the city. Behind them is a stout bridge, partially made of stone and partially of wood, connecting the two banks of the river.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magi has found herself staying in the southeastern section of town. It appears to her, that it is the poorest section of the city, but is still quite prosperous. The guard patrols quite frequently, and are often hailed by citizens of the city with waves and smiles. Compared to some of the other cities she has visited, it is quite unusual for guardsmen to ever be greeted in such a friendly, and welcome manner.

Rumors around the Scarlet Badger inn have implied that the sign up sheets for the various competitions will be up all day in the market square. Some of the serving men and women began gossiping about various people about the town, and who they think the champions will be this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night, while wooing some ladies, Lleu received a tip, that if he wanted to see who his competition would be for any of the competitions, that he should head to the market square and see who signs up. Unfortunately it sounds like it could be an entire day of sitting.... of course, he could always break that up by trying to make some money.

When Julian and Ariana get near to the market square, they notice that while it still seems to be as crowded as it was the last few days, many of the shops and stalls have been removed. There seem to be crews of men dismantling the various stalls and packing them onto carts and wagons, with other crews setting up for the following day's festivities. The working men seem to be quite familiar with the process, and move fairly quickly. It even seems that the stalls were built so that they could be easily set up or taken down, yet still remain sturdy against harsh weather.

Many people are rushing to and fro amongst the remaining stalls, perhaps trying to purchase last minute supplies for the baking competition. The crowd is a mix of women and men, as well as the various races. Why there are more dwarves here in the square than you have ever seen before! Not to mention a few half elves, and even a smattering of gnomes and halflings.
Balgus
Balgus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miriel Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:50 pm

After a night of "sleeping on it", Magi is having some second thoughts about actually entering a competition where brutes will have the opportunity to knock her about. She is now thinking perhaps thieving prize or two might be easier than actually winning one.

However, just to make sure this theory is right, she has decided to scout out the sign up sheets and get a feel for what type of people are actually signing up. She is making mental notes of the people she sees writing their names (although since she can't read herself she has no way to tell which sheet is for the brawling competition).

While lingering about the square trying to remain unnoticed, she picks a few more pockets of people who are just passing through.

Miriel
Bananarama Ding Dong
Bananarama Ding Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Marc finds his way into the city of Hightower in search of any information as to what happened to his master. Desperate for any information he could find, Marc wanders into every bar, pub, and store he could find looking for anyone who knew his master. At days end, Marc finds himself at an inn. There he finds a mysterious man sitting in the chair at the corner of the room. Marc asks him if he knew his master. The man answers back with a nod. The mysterious man stands up and stretches, he starts talking about Marc's master. An hour has passed, the man finally tells him that his master is dead. Marc, shocked from what the man had said, grabs him by the collar and says, "Why?!?! How do you know this?!?!". The mysterious man says,"Simple, our master killed him.". The man grabs Marc by his wrists and throws Marc into the fire place, creating a dark haze in the room, and flees the inn.

Last edited by DownHero on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:31 pm

As Zieg waits in line he wonders what shall become of his journey once he enters this foreign city.

After sometime he realizes, this is a very, very long line.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:37 pm

(collaborated w/ Ari first)

Ariana and Julian are amazed at everything (and everyone) they see.

Julian watched with fascination as the stalls were put away and set up in mechanical motion, so very unlike the usual unbending nature of trees (save for the push and pulls of the wind).

Ariana was more amused at the sight of all the different races. Thinking back, she wondered just how closed-minded the elves back at home would feel about seeing so many non-elves.

After enjoying the scenery for a moment, Ariana and Julian wander into the festival, taking particular note of the different competitions and the long lines that followed.

Julian: I'm hungry...

*Ariana tosses a cookie*

Julian: Yay! X3

Ariana: You're welcome~ X3
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:37 pm

After finally reaching the entrance to the city, Zeig still dazed and out of it from nothing to eat for days, is questioned by the guards about why he comes to this fair city. To confused to give the answers the guards seeks he collapses in a heap due to pure exhaustion. This causes the guards to panic and in response gets in touch with the nearest healing person. Zeig is then rushed to this place of healing which is run by the town clerics.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanz Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:56 am

After his daily exercises Lleu went to town and slipped through the side entrance with the usual jests to the guards. A quick shine to his boots, Lleu pondered his options for the day.

Without much else to do Lleu heads to the market square to get a look at potential competition signing up for the tournament. The prospect of sitting around all day didn't appeal much to Lleu so he sought out the wealthy (understatement of the year) father of last night's hostess, Taisie, for a temporary job with the festival set-up. One might as well make money while one waits around.

On his way to the office Lleu snaps a tossed cookie out of the air. With a smile he wordlessly passes it to the elf lad. And with a slight bow he gives a wild Shasta Daisy found near his campsite to the elven lass.

Walking into the office Lleu is immediately impressed by the surroundings. All carved wood, form with function Every piece, every mortar and tenon, every dado, every scarf; perfectly fitting, varnished to a high gloss, woodworking perfection. Just like the ship he grew up on.

Writing in a ledger at the desk, Taisie gave a broad smile. "I suppose your looking for my father." He's overseeing the transition and placement of the stalls. With a wink, "come see me again before you leave."

On his way to the festival stalls, Lleu found a group of well-to-dos and thought a bit of acrobatics was in order. Maybe they'll throw some gold for the slush fund.

Tanz
Banana Split
Banana Split

Back to top Go down

Post by Miriel Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 pm

As the sun rises further in the sky, Magi has an unusual bought of heat stroke and finds herself daydreaming of handsome young male halflings. She finds herself paying special attention to halfling men signing up for different competitions.

Miriel
Bananarama Ding Dong
Bananarama Ding Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by ftwinz Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:38 pm

To keep Julian from getting lost, Ariana takes him by the arm as they make their way toward one of the competition areas.

Along the way, Julian has random thoughts as he sees the varying stalls and people.

Merchant: FRESH FIIIIIIIIISH~ WE CATCH'EM, YOU BUY'EM~
Julian: Haven't I heard that from somewhere...?

Auctioneer: 100 GOLD, 100 GOLD! DO I HEAR 200? 300! Going ONCE! Going TWIIICE~! SOLDDD!
Julian: 300 shiny gold sold... so sad...

Dog: O.O! AOU AOU AOU AOU?
Julian: That reminds me... I wonder what Balto's doing while we're in the city...

Flower: :3~
Julian: :]~

Julian: I love this place +w+

Ariana and Julian finally find a comfortable spot to watch one of the competitions. Nearby, they find a female dwarf also observing the show.

Julian: *whispering to Ariana* I bet we could win one of these comps, sis, to get some more money. Let's try out for one!
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanz Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 pm

With a handful of gold and silver pocket change and an invitation to an evening dinner party. Lleu met up with Taisie's father and was quickly given a position assisting with set-up for the "Festival Office of Planning and Implementation For Joviality and Merriment". A perfectly dreadfully bureaucratic sounding name that reeked or missed opportunities and complacency. However, Lleu was assured that the name really had more to do with confounding and satisfying the city's irritating paper pushers. While the job had more to do with holding luncheons to court potential traders, ladies for "town beautification", and viable champions (and underdogs to bet on the longshot) for the jousting, archery and brawling competitions. As for starting . . . "are you available right now?"

Lleu, "but of course."

Taisie's Father, "excellent, we shall meet with some troupes of dancers and a fine looking specimen of a contortionist over hot pork and apple pasties with a fine local perry."

Lleu, "sounds delicious."

Taisie's Father, "oh, believe me, I'm told they are . . ."

Tanz
Banana Split
Banana Split

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariale Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm

As Ariana was leading Julian towards the competition area, she noticed he had a slightly dazed look about him, and she silently wondered what he was thinking about. He seemed pretty deep in thought.

Ariana: *Waves a hand in front of Julian’s face* Yup… he’s pretty deep in thought…

When they got to the area Julian whispered something about trying out at one of the competitions, and she thought it could be a good opportunity to get a little extra money for on their journey. So she told him they could maybe try out at a few.
Ariale
Ariale
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja
Rock Paper Scissor Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanz Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:55 am

As day became evening, and Lleu readied himself for the dinner party. A shine to his boots, a smoothing of the hair and he headed across town.

Unfortunately, Lleu didn't see or hear the band of thieves until he'd been riddled with poison darts. Robbed for his money and clothes, slashed to unrecognition, he was abandoned at the bottom of a trashcan, like an unfinished story on page 2 of yesterdays newspaper. And Lleu was no more . . .

Tanz
Banana Split
Banana Split

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum