Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of you who are still IP banned.

2 posters

Go down

For those of you who are still IP banned. Empty For those of you who are still IP banned.

Post by FinalPrayer Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:27 am

Easy proxy, fairly simple to setup, and not a questionable source either.

For those of you who are still IP banned. Moz-screenshot
http://daol.aol.com/software/90vr

There's the link. Aol, you had to of heard of it somewhere. While that's downloading you should register (if you already haven't). Also, I know there's an updated version of Aol, however I was informed it doesn't work like version 9.0, so just play it safe and don't waste your time with the latest version.

Now, when you've installed everything you should have a small triangular icon in the bottom right corner of your desktop. Right click that and select "Connectivity > Connect Options". A window should pop up with 2 different options click the one that says "Advanced Broadband settings".

Now, on the top left corner of the window there should be a droplist, it should say currently "Broadband". You'll want to open this droplist and click "add broadband profile". Enter anything here, it's just a name to identify the connection you want to use. Then about halfway down the page you'll see another droplist that is currently set on automatic, change that to "homenetwork". Now simply click save, and when logging into Aol, use your broadband profile. Viola you've got a proxy going.

From here you can access all Nexon login's again, log a ticket, etc.

Now, accessing the client itself, first, you all need to know this, STOP using the web launch. There's a lot of word going around that the weblaunch currently has a leak in the system and it makes obtaining your login info fairly easy. To access mabi you can still launch it like before by using the Mabinogi.exe. To find this you'll want to go to "Start > My Computer > C: > Nexon > Mabinogi" If you moved your mabi to an extenal you should already know where it is. Now, in the Mabinogi folder you'll see the orange celtic knot just as before, double click that and viola, the client runs like before.

Tip: Since the web launch changing accounts within the client is not possible, you'll have to re-run the client after you log into one account.

Tip 2: You can still send a shortcut to your desktop for the client.exe however the next time you run mabi it will patch over the shortcut and send you to the website. It's advised you just shortcut your Nexon or Mabinogi folder to your desktop instead.

Now, you're in the login screen just like before, your proxy is still running, and you're probably going to lag. Don't worry, you can turn off the proxy. Login like normal enter your info in the login area of the client, then select a character and enter the world of Mabinogi. Now, from here you have two options.

1) You can simply close the proxy from here and let the IP change Disconnect you back to the login screen. Which is now just [Start Mabinogi] and [Exit Mabinogi] buttons. Once your internet is reconnected from the IP change you can click [Start Mabinogi] and you'll either be taken to your character screen for that account or you'll be told that the account is still logged in. If it's the latter just request that it be forcefully logged out. Wait a few moments, and then login.
Awesome, you're on your own IP which means you've got the same connection you've always had, and you're still IP banned. Go Nexon!

2) Now, this way is a little tricky. First, it requires timing and second, it doesn't always work, and sadly, before the weblaunch this was the only way to disable your proxy and continue playing on your original IP. The pro's of this way are you probably won't have to deal with the "This account is already logged in bit" but like I said, since the web launch it's not really required anymore.

Now, you'll login while the proxy is on, enter the world of mabinogi on any character. (It doesn't matter because you'll be logging off shortly) Now, you'll probably want mabi in windowed mode for this (So you don't have to deal with size changes when you flip windows) Now, click the celtic icon in the bottom left corner and click logout, now be prepared. The moment you click [Ok] on the logout you'll want to [Alt + tab] to the Aol window, then quickly [Alt + F4] to close the program, closing the program will disable the proxy. If it worked your character selection screen should be empty for a few seconds and then it'll load your characters. If you failed, it'll send you back to the login screen. Which is now just two buttons [Start Mabi] [Close Mabi].

The first option is advised because it's less frustrating, but if you've got nimble fingers and fast reflexes by all means try option 2.

Hope this helps somebody, I know I would have appreciated a thread like this when I got IP banned.

I can add screenshots later if this is too confusing... but I believe I did a fairly clean job of this.
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

For those of you who are still IP banned. Empty Re: For those of you who are still IP banned.

Post by Umbrasquall Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 pm

This is Commander Umbra, and this is my favorite post on the Citadel.
Umbrasquall
Umbrasquall
I Eat Fish Cos They're So Delicious
I Eat Fish Cos They're So Delicious

http://mabiumby.wordpress.com/?ref=spelling

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum