Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been a while since someone posted >:

3 posters

Go down

It's been a while since someone posted >: Empty It's been a while since someone posted >:

Post by DownHero Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Playing as vella on Mabinogi Heroes China!
It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_111

It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_112

It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_113
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

It's been a while since someone posted >: Empty Re: It's been a while since someone posted >:

Post by Vintersorg Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Vella is out in NA now, but I'm sure you already know that.
What level did you reach in CN? And any tips/tricks/general useful knowledge you could provide? XD
I have two Vellas. One on East, the other on West. I play the Westie when it's too laggy/irritating to be on East.

Here's my Westie (or maybe it's Eastie, I forgot now, they are both identical in looks/inners):
It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_110

Eastie:

And for some unknown reason this happened~
It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_112

Wouldn't it be cool if trees could really do this? (this annoys me less than when they're all black/white checkered)
It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_113
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

It's been a while since someone posted >: Empty Re: It's been a while since someone posted >:

Post by DownHero Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:45 pm

Go home Tree, you're drunk! xD
and... pot belly... kekeke :3

aha anyways there aren't really any tips n such really, most of what you can do in china's server you might already know; except that in China's server, you could do left click attacks in the air... :/

I didn't really get any leveling done in China's server (was level 50 the entire time), I mostly just fooled around. Razz

welllllllllllll you should totally add me on East Vin. Very Happy my character's called Teikoku, she's level 33 (as of right now while i type this thing).
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:48 pm

LOL Very Happy
Did they have a jump event or did you just lvl to 50 and stop (I did that with my evie).
Hmm Idk if we can do that here, I haven't tried.
Ahh I'm just lvl 25 right now, LilyArlexa on both servers (^_^) ... except on West I'm lvl 15.
I'm having a lot of issues with lag. :<
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Haha, they had the jump to level 50 event Razz
I'm having lag issues too on the East server... (I get less lag on China's server surprisingly) :/
I'm just muscling through the lag so i can get hecka pro n stuff on Vella quickly. >:3
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Oh glad I'm not the only one then XD
I can't believe there are already lvl 70 Vellas (heard tales, not seen them yet).
I play for as much as I can stand before having to go queue up a film or clean the house or something due to frustration XD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Yeah, I've heard of lv60+ Vellas too, but have also not seen them around yet.
Aww that's some pretty bad lag if you gotta go do something else in the mean time. :c
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Well it just gets frustrating so I go do something else rather than play so I don't toss my comp off the second storey of my house XDDD
I know it's only cos everyone's into Vella at the moment, but arrrgh.
Speaking of which, I'm logging in now so will add you. Very Happy
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 pm

aha xD oh kay cool!
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Actually China got the XE version on Vindictus so there are numerous differences such as unlimited normal attacks (That eat stam by the by) jump normals, perma sprint... among other things.

Few things to note about Vella in general, particularily in relation to NA.

Legend:

L = Left Click
R = Right Click

Certain combos can be chained without delay. For instance if you L, R then L again you'll immediately restart your combo. Perfect for getting up your Blade Heart Buff. This rule also applies to

L, L, R, R - Then L

L, L, L, R

Additionally, Cross Stance can cancel you out of your Third Smash (LLLR) early providing you hit the spacebar just before the final "flicking" smash. This makes for an easy combo skill with low risk.

Cross Cut and Double Cross

Cross Cut will only activate while in Cross Stance, and can only counter things that are bosses/mobs and aren't projectiles. You need to be facing the enemy - something Fiona was originally designed for, but later scrapped for Omidirectional guards. With Vella however, due to her speed, facing the target was a viable pre-req. You're completely invulnerable while using both skills and you can even delay Double Cross a bit to extend your frames. Double Cross won't work if a target isn't in range however.

Notable things you can Cross Cut but can't Back Lash despite it being a "projectile"

Any Digger Spit (Both King and mini)
Any Frog Spit

My final tip for using Cross Cut, while normally you need to be "hit" or rather within the projected path of an attack to use Cross Cut you can sometimes bend the rules. Especially with Bosses with large hit boxes. The Polar Bear is a good example of that. Despite the fact that you won't be hit you can Cross Cut him from behind if he targets another player. Experiment and find out what other bosses cause the same thing.

Back Lash

Despite what the video shows, this skill DOES NOT stun the enemy when it's successful. You can get yourself in a lot of trouble spamming Back Lash so use it wisely. It's a very strong skill, does almost 2k damage in early levels and climbs with your damage. So it's definetely worth using. You'll be using Back Lash a lot in Hilder Forest as per personal experience.

Blade Heart

Blade Heart is amazing, not only does it increase the damage of ALL your smashes as you get the higher level buffs, but it makes it so your Cross Cut gains damage, and cuts through the enemy. You need only 1 hit to activate the first stage and cut through an enemy. With higher stages you move farther and do more damage with Cross Cut. Very useful. I suggest soloing "White Tyrant's Challenge" (Level 36, 6 man Raid) in order to fully understand how important it is to get a Blade Heart Stage going. Even just a single normal attack will activate this skill then you can jump right into a Cross Cut. It's just as effective if not more effective than smashing.

and finally.... Titles.

Mirror Master
0/200 Kill Enemies by Reflecting their objects back at them.

Top Chop
0/500 Kill Enemies with Cross Cut

Untrustworthy
0/500 Kill Enemies with Double Cross (Kinda a pain to do)

Hit 'n Run
0/200 Kill Enemies with Slip Away (Spiders will do just fine)

OH and one last note. Your level 52 SP skill Cyclone requires that you hit the boss on the first slash or the entire skill will cancel. In other words be careful you don't miss.

ONE MORE THING!!!

Skills you should focus on:

Blade Heart
Cross Cut
Double Cross
Battle Respiration

Other Skills you may want

Light Armor Proficiency Rank 9
Plate Armor Proficiency Rank 9 (For the Butterfly Set, Level 54 Armor. Vella's Personal Hilder Set)
Combat Mastery Rank D or C (For Smash Mastery and Berserk)
Slip Away Rank D (For Back Lash)
Back Lash Rank E (For Reflection of 2 Projectiles)
Smash Mastery E (For the initial big bonus for only 30 AP)
Thunderous Squall Rank C (To get Deadly Storm your final 4th smash extension)
Deadly Storm Rank E (For the intial boost and cheap cost)
Tumultuous Blade Rank E (Same as above)
Cyclone Rank E
Heavy Armor Proficiency Rank D (To get Plate Armor Prof)
Twin Sword Mastery should be ranked as needed.
and Cross Stance can be ranked if you're having difficulties timing your Cross Cuts
Storm Step has an amazing .5 second frame of invulnerability but should be ranked anyways for Raids later. (This is not a priority however)

FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Final you know so much! Then again I didn't really do much research on vella. I should play on the china server more since I'm level 50 on it.
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:36 pm

I played solo for the good part of my way to level 56. So I had to learn those tricks or die xD... Which I did anyways, many times. Didn't help that I played with Sharpshooter until 56 as well Mad
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 pm

I would totally go on right now but I'm at school where we aren't doing a thing. Sad
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Well, when you do get home you'll have a friend invitation. That's me. The servers are more stable now, so it should lag less.

Last edited by FinalPrayer on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Cool! Let's play some time
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 pm

FinalPrayer wrote:
Any Digger Spit (Both King and mini)
Any Frog Spit

D: I hate fighting King Icedredges and I haven't got to Goliath yet but he's always been one of my worst enemies to fight other than Black Scar.
It's even worse being melee for those damn Icedredges. :<
Thank you so much for the info especially on titles and skills cos now I know whats important (was set on Battle Respiration anyway, found out with my Kai that makes things much much easier!).
I think I'm gunna wait til the holidays are over before I play again. The lag is just... really bad for me and it frustrates me no end.
Maybe I'll come on and slay things a bit but as far as trying to get anything significant done, I don't think so, not right now.

I just saw this:
FinalPrayer wrote:The servers are more stable now, so it should lag less.

But I expect during the actual holiday things will get bad again, lol. Mm... anyway, yay Vella XD

Gnoll Chieftain has a long neck:
It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_114

And I hated dying here but this was a funny position:
It's been a while since someone posted >: 2012_115
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┳━┳ ◡ ヽ(`Д´)ノ ┻━┻ This hurts...
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 pm

(>_<) Ouch...
I heard that Nexon have been getting worse with enhancements lately; people have been raging (and ragequitting) all over the official forums about it.
I never go past +5 lol, I wouldn't want to spend NX just to see something like that happen.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:33 pm

I haven't really noticed more fails during enhancing, but yeah it hurts to see an expensive equip asplode ; ^;
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:39 pm

I meant "enchantment" or whatever. Sorry, barely had any sleep XD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:44 pm

ohhh, well i noticed that Razz
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:20 am

What... Aren't those the +5 [5 Star] Dreamwalkers you bought? Why didn't you use an [Enhancement Rune] on those? They're cheap at the moment too.
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 am

Yeah, I should've gotten an enhancement rune before trying to upgrade it again but I wasn't thing straight at the time. Oh well, what's done is done; time to save up for another :/
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum