Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12)

2 posters

Go down

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12) Empty Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12)

Post by Vintersorg Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Vin's Note: OMG GUYS... IT'S COMING!!! I'm excited but a little apprehensive about the changes... (edit: found a video of the new combat system that was on the Mabi FB page; placed at bottom)

LINKY

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12) 00EuQ-b0f9e038-49b5-4b97-926b-37866d4905d3

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12) 00EuQ-f855da68-85c4-427b-8451-2572baea4989

The Genesis update brings a host of changes to enhance combat and streamline Mabinogi’s first chapter! Fight more efficiently with the renewed combat system, breeze through the revamped beginner quests to get to the meat of the game, take on role-playing quests on your own, and much more in this huge update! Rediscover the world of Erinn.

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12) 00EuQ-62c56f46-c3c4-4e33-bd22-f382991de15a

Combat:

• To make room for the new cool-down system, warm-up times have been lowered or removed.
• Automatically charge spells and skills for devastating damage!
• Fight with hotkeys so you never miss your target!

Chapter 1:

• Beginner tutorials and skill requirements have been streamlined!
• The Advent of the Goddess is now available to Elves and Giants!
• No more waiting for quests.

Role-Playing Quests:

• Now you can take on Role-Playing quests on your own!
• No need to wait for other players -- jump right in and play as legendary heroes to get a glimpse of the high-rank skills that lie in your future.

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12) 00EuQ-a54e29ea-d83d-4ad6-8074-87fd6c81b8ba

Beauty Shop Updates:
• New outfits and styles in the beauty shop!
AP Event:
• If the last time you logged in was before April 1, 2012, log in during July to get a 100 AP potion!
Rebirth Event:
• Tired of waiting to rebirth? Get your rebirth on every 3 days!
Trump Event:
• Every 30 minutes you’re logged in, you’ll get a box containing a card that could get you prizes!

Play a part in Mabinogi’s Genesis, and stay tuned for these upcoming events!

Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12) Empty Re: Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12)

Post by Vintersorg Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm just going to comment about the combat system.
The TAB key doesn't really like me :< ... now, I don't know if this is because of the fact that I'm using a laptop, the fact that I can't get my head round this new playstyle (even though it does exist in other games - however it's kind of different as well - more on this later), or cos my hands "just won't work like that" haha~ maybe it's all three.

Maj was spot-on when he said that all they've done as far as the cooldowns go was put it front to back. There used to be a skill-loading time, now that's gone and they put it at the end, pretty much.
It is very unnoticeable, and I was playing in Rabbie and felt I actually died less, especially with insta-counter \o/
However, lag still applies, as does running out of stam/mp and not realising it (something that happens to me frequently).

And the difference between Mabi's tab-key targeting and other games is this: usually, when you hit tab in another game (errr... trying to think of one I've played recently; let's go with LucentHeart), it will select the closest enemy regardless of your cursor position.
In Mabi, it is reliant on the cursor position still, just like when you hit CTRL.
However for me it doesn't seem to work half the time. It will say I don't have anything targeted when I clearly do and the blue highlight is around it.
So thankfully they still kept the ctrl-targeting system (and no, holding down tab does not make it function like ctrl), so I'll stick with the tried-and-true for this part.
One small detail about the targeting system: moving your cursor anywhere near an enemy seems to highlight them. I usually just go ahead and hold down ctrl after that. Pressing tab seems to do nothing.
/review
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12) Empty Re: Experience a New Start in Genesis! (6/27/12)

Post by ftwinz Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 pm

Vintersorg wrote:I'm just going to comment about the combat system.

Maj was spot-on when he said that all they've done as far as the cooldowns go was put it front to back. There used to be a skill-loading time, now that's gone and they put it at the end, pretty much.
It is very unnoticeable, and I was playing in Rabbie and felt I actually died less, especially with insta-counter \o/
/review
./nodnod

Combat actually feels a little faster having skills insta-load and having a fair variety to fill in the minor gaps in skill-spammage. I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder if wming thru Peaca is still feasible; however, the removal of invincibility frames may be a more deciding factor in wm's usage...

...Not that I wanna run that place again, mind you!

Oh, bard class, wherefore art thou...?
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:05 pm

I am pleased to say I have not been to Peaca Very Happy
It looks like hell :<
And it's in the next update along with eye-candy maids and butlers aka partners! \o/
At least, I think it is...
Mmm... eye-candy >:]
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down