Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Events for fun, throw your ideas here.

4 posters

Go down

Events for fun, throw your ideas here. Empty Events for fun, throw your ideas here.

Post by Majelle Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:43 pm

I'm putting this in general chat because some of my ideas could include our friends in Rayout and other people we happen to know as well. As to what this topic is about, I just wanted to have a spot where we could collect ideas for guild/group events that we could do for fun, or if we want to put together some kind of reward, as a competition, too. Horse races have already been mentioned in the past, and sometimes we've done impromptu races when the urge strikes. I would suggest Cronnus or Physis for races, since I seem to have less trouble with random lockups in those two places. Physis would be interesting since there are mountain paths here and there that you could use for short cuts, and Cronnus has the ant holes that could make for interesting obsticles.

My other idea only works in Physis, but we could have sled races, too. Not really all that much different from horse racing, except for the way it controls a bit.

Then there are gauntlet races. We'd have to all be elf or giant, or allied with whichever race we decide on, and then race through the opposing city, last one standing being the winner. Filia might end too quickly, since they have range, but it could prove amusing in it's own right, dodging between buildings to break line of sight.

I also had an idea for bear tag, but the bears don't seem to stay interested in you if you hit them then mount. Elves might be able to play it, though, so here's the basics. The goal is to keep the bear chasing you the longest before it gets killed,which with everyone trying to shoot it to get it's attention is bound to happen. It would start off with the person that's it going to get whatever type of bear they want, within the map, obviously, and then they have lead it towards the group. Once they get in weapons range of the group, they can go whichever way they want to try and keep the bear chasing them, and the rest of the group has to then try and chase em down, get the bear's attention, and lead it on a merry chase. This one would be tricky to do as a competition, but if we had two or three people sit to the side and act as judges, it might work.

So, those are my wacky ideas. Feel free to comment/add your own ideas. Very Happy
Majelle
Majelle
Nao's Left Boob
Nao's Left Boob

Back to top Go down

Events for fun, throw your ideas here. Empty Re: Events for fun, throw your ideas here.

Post by Rin Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:51 am

heehee commence suicide o,o ~
Rin
Rin
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Events for fun, throw your ideas here. Empty Re: Events for fun, throw your ideas here.

Post by Ari Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:05 am

Hide and go seek in ant hell with names off.
Ari
Ari
I am a gerbil
I am a gerbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:25 pm

LMAO!! HIDE AND SEEK IN NUBES CAVES XD!! ~
Rin
Rin
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:59 pm

I have an idea that actually might be great for an event or w/e. imo, we should do this four our guild anniversary.

Be warned, though. This event would involve a lot of commitment from the organizers. It would be really hard to make this happen, but, if we do, it would be great.

What I have in mind is a treasure hunt of sorts. Its length could vary from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the situation. It works on both continents, and it can take place on both continents simultaneously, too, for some added fun/grinding.

What we would need is a riddle. Or multiple riddles. There would be waypoints the participants would have to visit, and there would be a final goal.

At every waypoint, there would be a person repeating the same riddle over and over again for all the participants that reach the waypoint. The riddle the person would be repeating would lead the participants to the next waypoint. This chain of riddles and waypoints can go as long as desired, and, at the final waypoint, there would be a prize. Or, instead of a final waypoint, the participant could find a certain person, send a note containing a certain message to a certain person, etc. We can be creative with the final goal.

In short, the game is a chain of riddles and waypoints, somewhat like a treasure hunt, that leads to a final goal and prize.

(In a way, it's like the Amazing Race, for those who remember it)

There could be several variations to this that I thought of that I thought didn't really make the cut, but i'll throw it out there anyway.

1. Instead of riddles, we could have items - there would be a person dropping a certain item constantly, and the participants would have to gather all the items and submit it to someone to receive his/her prize.

2. We could just come up with a single huge riddle that counts for the entire game, that would require people to visit areas to figure out the details and come up with the final answer (if a participant had been to all of Erinn and had a photographic memory, the participant could finish right away).

Any additional ideas on this would be great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 pm

More traditional events would include:

Large-scale

OX Quiz - There would be a True/False or a Yes/No question given at each round. O would be True or Yes, and X would be False or No. Participants would go to separate locations depending on their answer (buildings can make this convenient - for example, O could go into the bank, while X could go into the general store), and those who answered wrong would be eliminated. The questions should be really difficult (because the participants can always use Google for answers), and they don't have to be Mabinogi-related. This is a fun event that requires little resources and commitment.

Dungeon Race - This is the classic dungeon race. Participants would be divided into multiple groups based on their combat power (I can separate the groups, don't ask me how). The groups would all enter a dungeon simultaneously, and the group that finishes first wins the prize. For fairness, it would be best if all the groups entered a dungeon that requires a pass. Also, having a moderator/organizer in each group to make sure they don't cheat would be a good idea (cuz the group can always run back and hit the goddess statue at the entrance). The moderator/organizer would also whisper/note a certain person to announce the finish of their group when the group clears the boss room. The first to send in the whisper or note (perferable note) would win.

Small-scale

Consonant (or Acronym) Quiz - This is quite simple. The event organizer would say an acronym or a phrase without vowels (examples: USA would be the acronym for the United States of America, and lnghrndgn would be the consonants for Long-Horned Gnu), and the participents would either whisper or send a note to the organizer with the answer. There should be a prize for each question. The event should be one or the other - either a consonant quiz or an acronym quiz. Either that, or the acronyms and consonants could be distinguished - for example, the consonants could be in lower-case letters, while the acronyms could be in upper-case letters. This event can take place via Guild Chat.

Fast Typer - This is also very simple, and a lot like the Consonant Quiz. The organizer would type a phrase (ideally a phrase that is difficult to type), and the participants would either whisper or send a not to the organizer that contains an accurate copy of what the organizer just typed. This works nicely because users cannot copy what another user said via Ctrl + C, etc. This event, like the Consonant Quiz, would give out a prize after each round, would require fast scrolling on the part of the organizer (if there are many participants), and can take place in the Guild Chat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:21 am

:O...sounds....complicated asi~ xD
Rin
Rin
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Balgus Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:39 am

I do want to put together some sort of event for our anniversary, even if it doesnt actually fall on the same day. As for the dungeon race, i very much like that idea, and i think we could have some fun with that with rayout as well. It shouldnt be too hard to have races of guild vs guild, or mixed teams, with both guilds putting up half the prize money. i will have to talk to bell about this, as this one is my favorite suggestion so far ^_^

of course guild events with prizes will require gold donations from the guild members to help fund them. i know we dont donate gold very often as we havent needed to(myself included) but i cant fund all of this myself either.
Balgus
Balgus
Admin
Admin

https://celionguild.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:23 pm

to rin: hehe. it sounds a bit complicated, but they're all really simple once you try them out. The OX quiz is basically a quiz w/ yes or no answers and prizes for each question, and it's my personal favorite.

to balgus: yeah. we should get some money... and, speaking of which, could it be possible to get some equipment that everyone in the guild could share? for example, scarecrow sets (for those who want to refine), hamsterhunter sets (for those who want to get some proficiency in their weapons), difficult sets (for training wm), strength sets for the Strong title, dex sets for the Skillful title, etc. I think it would be pretty convenient XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Han wrote:to rin: hehe. it sounds a bit complicated, but they're all really simple once you try them out. The OX quiz is basically a quiz w/ yes or no answers and prizes for each question, and it's my personal favorite.

to balgus: yeah. we should get some money... and, speaking of which, could it be possible to get some equipment that everyone in the guild could share? for example, scarecrow sets (for those who want to refine), hamsterhunter sets (for those who want to get some proficiency in their weapons), difficult sets (for training wm), strength sets for the Strong title, dex sets for the Skillful title, etc. I think it would be pretty convenient XD

xD oooki!!~....(Still doesnt get it)
Rin
Rin
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down