Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DANGER! Packet Sniffers

4 posters

Go down

DANGER! Packet Sniffers Empty DANGER! Packet Sniffers

Post by ftwinz Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 pm

No, not that kind.

Final and Fuz just told me that the main site's got encryption holes where people can nab your login info. If you're logging into Mabi, use the .exe method instead of the direct-to-website way. DN unfortunately has no other means of getting on; but if you plan to play, make sure you don't log off and back in often.

Final and Fuz also recommend changing your password often. G'luck and be safe, everyone.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

DANGER! Packet Sniffers Empty Re: DANGER! Packet Sniffers

Post by wafflywaffles Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 pm

ohshi i should go change my password ._.
wafflywaffles
wafflywaffles
I am a gerbil
I am a gerbil

Back to top Go down

Post by FinalPrayer Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 am

I'd like to note that there are ways to bypass the Website Login for Dragon Nest. I just don't have the method..

Earlier today I tried disconnecting or causing a net error in the hopes that I would be moved to the login screen. However, instead it just closed the client. =[

If we had the direct run key we could bypass all this stuff. For instance, I have one for mabi that skips the patcher and goes straight to gameguard. Only problem is you have to remember to patch or you'll login and crash the moment the client can't read something new.

Example: C:\Nexon\Mabinogi\Client.exe code:1622 ver:56 logip:208.85.108.15 logport:11000 chatip:208.85.108.18 chatport:8002 setting:"file://data/features.xml=Regular, USA"

If we had something similar we could avoid the website... If anyone knows how to find that it'd be much appreciated if you posted it here. xD...

Also, password changes are impossible right now. The majority of the community is finally aware of the problem and Nexon's mail system has been flooded with requests for password changes. This is effectively stopping other things like registration confirmation emails.
FinalPrayer
FinalPrayer
Nao's Right Boob
Nao's Right Boob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowlockIV Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:07 am

Interesting... Hah, I'll just take this opportunity to take advantage of Mabi's 2x exp weekend for a bit away from DN and try waiting it out. After that... Well, if the worse happens, at least I've only played DN for 3-4 days.

Edit: Lol scratch that. I just realized I'm using the same account for both Mabi and DN ~_~
ShadowlockIV
ShadowlockIV
McGriddle
McGriddle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum