Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Trouble

2 posters

Go down

Computer Trouble Empty Computer Trouble

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 pm

I don't know if anyone has experienced this before, but for the last few months my laptop's been acting weird.

This first thing is completely normal for my laptop. If I have the battery in the laptop and also have it plugged into the wall, if I take out the battery the screen basically goes off. However it is still on because it is not black but more of a dark, dark, bluish tinge color and everything is still on, but I can't do anything unless I restart.

This leads to the actually problem basically the exact screen I mentioned above will randomly happen to my laptop when I am in the middle of doing something not even messing with the battery.

The other thing I have noticed is that when this happens technically my computer's hard drive is not processing anything because I have a light for that.

I think that for some reason it might be hardware related or wire related because I have pretty much quadruple checked my computer for virus's with different software and nothing turns up.

I am hoping that my laptop just lasts me until the end of the semester which is a week and a half away. Hoping with graduation money I can start getting a better laptop preferably an Alienware.

Only problem is this "Error" happens completely random. Sometimes it happens twice a day, sometimes twice a week, sometimes even once a month. It's just so random. It seems to happen 60% of the time when I play games, but I have had it happen when I was freaking typing a report.

I dub this one of the weirdest things ever to happen to a computer I have handled that I could not solve.

Also this has happened on previous reformats of the hard drive to which is why I think its hardware related.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Computer Trouble Empty Re: Computer Trouble

Post by ftwinz Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:13 pm

G'luck thar, mate.

May the laptop spirits watch over you and lead your laptop's soul to harmony w/ the intrawebs and all its digital inhabitants.
ftwinz
ftwinz
WOTO. +2
WOTO. +2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum