Celion Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal 2 Midnight Release

4 posters

Go down

Portal 2 Midnight Release Empty Portal 2 Midnight Release

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm

last night at midnight I went to the portal 2 midnight release at gamestop. Considering it was the first midnight release I've been to next time i need to get there much earlier because by the time i got there all the cool stuff inside was over with and we were lining up outside the store.

On the other hand Portal 2 so far is awesome, story is alot longer than the first game and the co-op takes some getting used to seeing as there are a total of 4 portals. The characters are more evolved and so are the tests. I actually spent almost 20 minutes in 1 section figuring out how to get to the end.

There are multiple chapters in the single player and if you beat the single player campaign you unlock an avatar award. Can you guess what it is? It's your most faithful pal. COMPANION CUBE!!!! -crowd goes wild-

Co-op is seriously amusing and it works even if you don't have mic's because you can tell your buddy wear to put the portal.

Co-op you play as either Atlas or P-body. Atlas is one of GLaDOS's personality spheres that was turned into a robot. P-body is a turret that was pretty much morphed into a toothpick looking robot.

Portal 2 Midnight Release Kafz43

*BTW they are doing rock paper scissors. You can do that in game. It's one of the many gestures you can do co-op and if you win 3 times its an achievement.

The main method they want you to use is to play with friends but they do have an xbox live mode where it pairs you up with someone.

If any of you decide to get portal 2 let me know and i'll play the game with ya.

Also the game does not disappoint on the comedy, this stuff is freaking hilarious.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 Midnight Release Empty Re: Portal 2 Midnight Release

Post by Hikae Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm currently saving up to get this game on Steam. The co-op part of the game looks promising.

Edit: On second thought, I heard there's a PS3 version that also comes with the PC/Mac version of the game. Now I'm not really sure which one to get...
Hikae
Hikae

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:17 am

Surprised IT'S HERE FINALLY YAY~~
I've been waiting for this for ages.
Unfortunately I'm unable to get it right now but when I do I'll let you know Very Happy
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by DownHero Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 am

Lol I'll be saving up for it for PS3, even I'm not too great at playing first person games on it Razz
DownHero
DownHero
*nom nom nom*
*nom nom nom*

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 am

I'll be getting mine for the PC.
The newest-gen console I have is a Sony PSP, lol.
No real reason to buy any others, except I do intend to get a Wii at some point. Very Happy
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:18 am

Well if the PS3 had a version that it came with PC version you might not be able to order that anymore.

As for the co-op its awesome. Gestures are fun, playing with your buddies is fun, having to determine how to operate 4 portals is hard. Each has its own unique challenges.

Though if your demented enough in one of the co-op areas you can make your partner fall into goo and blow up.

As of right now the Co-op areas are as follows.

Building 1 : Team Building (no real fancy things here just run of the mill stuff. And aerial faith plates which are basically catapults)
6 test chambers

Building 2: Mass and Velocity (Things are gonna go REALLY fast)
8 test chambers

Building 3: Hard Light Bridges (It involves bridges that are made of compressed light they also act like walls)
test chambers unknown
Spoiler:

Building 4: Excursion Funnels (To explain this I will have to find a picture, but just find a video. Its like a tractor beam that you can make it change direction and you ride in it)
test chambers unknown
Spoiler:

Building 5: I think there is a building 5, but as of right now I don't know it's name or where to find the freaking door.
test chambers unknown

I hope Building 5 will incorporate repulsion gel (blue gel that if you jump on it you bounce), propulsion gel (orange gel that makes you go insanely fast), and conversion gel (white gel made from crushed moon rocks that has no real benefit to science other than wherever it is you can make a portal on it.)

Repulsion Gel:
Spoiler:

Propulsion Gel:
Spoiler:

Conversion Gel:
Spoiler:

As for the PS3 I don't have one I have 360. I still need to get 2 more friends to play the 360 version because I need to Hug 3 friends online for an achievement. And a "Love" T-Shirt.

Also for 360 if you beat the single player, you unlock one of 5 avatar awards, which you get your most faithful buddy, COMPANION CUBE.
What the avatar award actually looks like: (no images just a description)
Spoiler:

Overall the single player campaign took me about 8 or 9 hours. It was really fun, but co-op is even more hilarious and amusing.

As of right now I have only completed Buildings 1 and 2. I am waiting for my Xbox Live Buddy ProfNemo so we can continue our shenanigans and hopefully in the process kill ourselves in game. And winning rock paper scissors 3 times in a row for that one achievement is such a pain.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Spoiler tags are b0rked, at least for me they are... can't click them and nothing happens. LOL I had to quote you to actually get the links.
It sounds fun and adds an entirely new dimension to the Portal we all know and love.
Still, I'll probably suck at the co-op parts XD but I'd like to try it at least once.
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Well I didn't want to give anything away. Co-op is confusing at first because of 4 portals.

The basis behind Co-op is GLaDOS creating the Cooperative Testing Initiative to phase out humans a.k.a. you, but unfortunately YOU killed her.

I don't know if it was ever mentioned in the first portal, but the main character, a.k.a. you, is a girl named Chell.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Aye I know all about the first Portal, I have it for PC and have played it a billion times since. XD
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeza Reignhalt Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:36 pm

I just don't remember them ever mentioning Chell's name in the first one.

Also the 5th building occurs outside the normal testing chambers and does feature the repulsion and propulsion gel.

At a few points you have to bounce off walls with repulsion gel.
Zeza Reignhalt
Zeza Reignhalt
I post more than Umbra.
I post more than Umbra.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintersorg Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:40 pm

I think they did, in the credits, at the very end.
And even if they didn't, it was all over the internet anyway LOL.
Wow, sounds difficult but fun Very Happy
Vintersorg
Vintersorg
WOTO. +1
WOTO. +1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down